VCH Systems Back On
December 18, 2020
We are happy to report that our systems are back on line and we are slowly getting back to normal.
In the last few days, VCH, among many organizations, was victim of a cyber-attack. Although no personal, medical or organizational information was compromised, this system shutdown greatly affected the efficiency with which we could provide appointments, referrals, lab results, appointments reminders and medical records. Through a manual restructuring process, we were able to provide you with these most important services:
- We kept all visits that were already scheduled
- Scheduled appointments within 3 days of the patient’s request; we were unable to schedule appointments later on
- Made sure necessary medical records were available to our doctors so we could call patients for their visits
We know that these interim measures were not sufficient, and many of you were left with incomplete or unsatisfactory answers to your questions. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask for your understanding. Please know that all of us at VCH felt the impact of this terrible experience along with you.
While we update our systems, you can expect the following:
- We will contact all patients who called for an appointments, to schedule a visit.
- If you missed your appointment, please call to reschedule.
- Medical records, including lab results, are available via our on-line patient portal. It is an easy way to get your information without calling.
- You can also use the Patient Portal to request medication refills, ask your Doctor/care team questions, and request appointments. We will respond within 72 hours. To establish your Patient Portal account or for more information, email us at email@example.com.
- To obtain medical records in person, download the medical records release form via this link on our website https://valleycommunityhealthcare.org/patients/patient-forms/. Fax your completed form to (818) 301-6385, or drop it off in person, or have the organization requesting your medical records fax it to us with your signature included.
- For urgent medication refill (within the next 72 hours), please call med refill express at 818-301-6328.
- After Friday, December 18, 2020, we will no longer respond to patient text messages. Please call our main appointment line number (818) 763-8836.
- Flu shots are recommended and we will continue to provide these on-site
- Telephone and video visits, and ONLY in-person visits advised by your doctor are available.
- We will soon be able to provide you with educational opportunities to learn about the COVID 19 vaccine, when it will be available to you, and how VCH will administer the vaccine according to the Centers for Disease Control guidelines.
- VCH will be closed Dec. 24 through Dec. 27 for the Christmas holidays.
Once again, please accept our apologies and let us know what we can do to ease the difficulties you experienced during the outage.