Smart Health LA is a department of healthcare professionals at Valley Community Healthcare in North Hollywood offering mental, physical and sexual health support and guidance to the LGBT and surrounding communities with the goal of improving overall health outcomes.
For over 28 years Smart Health LA (SHLA), an adult disease prevention and treatment program provided by Valley Community Healthcare, has been recognized as a safe, confidential and trustworthy resource to the LGBTQ community and residents of the San Fernando Valley.
A compassionate team of professionals is comprised of a Medical Care Manager with a specialty in Sexually Transmitted and Infectious Diseases, a Patient Care Manager with a degree in Human Services, a Case Worker qualified in Care Coordination, and a complete medical staff.
We Offer Testing, Treatment and Hope
A lot of people don’t want to talk about sex or STI’s. If you would like to get tested and treated in a genuinely friendly and caring atmosphere, we’re here for you. Our walk-in HIV testing hours are 9:30 am- 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. A $10 donation is suggested but no one will be turned away if you’re unable to pay. All other testing must be done through a scheduled doctor’s appointment. Contact 818-301-6334
If you’re looking for a medical team that will take time to sit with you, talk with you, take time with you to discuss what’s happening, we’re your team. If you need services that we don’t offer, we have a great referral system so we’ll be able to get you connected. If you do have something going on, we’re here to help. You’re going to make it through
- HIV/STD testing, care and treatment
- Hepatitis B and C testing care and treatment
- PrEP (HIV Prevention) care and treatment
- Transgender Care
- Mental Health Assessment
- Referral to counseling and Behavioral Health Services
- Access to a full array of primary care services
- Referrals to both in-house and outside services
- Support groups and educational presentations
Hours & Contact
HIV, Hepatitis, STI, Transgender & PrEP
Medical Care and Treatment
Smart Health LA, launched in 2017, is a department of healthcare professionals at Valley Community Healthcare in North Hollywood.
We take a whole person approach to patient care, providing physical, sexual, and mental health diagnosis, treatment, and management to improve the overall health outcomes of sexually active adults in the LGBTQ and surrounding communities.
- To create and monitor linkage to and retention in medical care
- Identify and remove barriers to treatment
- Standardize assessment and referral
- Streamline care coordination
- Eliminate service duplication
- Reduce STIs and HIV transmission