Welcome to C.A.M.P
Child Adolescent Medicine Program
GROWING UP HEALTHY
We offer a complete program of care as they grow and mature through these stages of childhood.
0–2 yrs. – Connection & Discovery
3-5 yrs. – Curiosity & Exploring Differences
6-8 yrs. – Peer Pressure & Independence
9-12 yrs. – Puberty & Preteen Development
12-18 yrs. – Adolescence & Healthy Relationships
CHANGES IN CARE
Our Pediatricians, Family Medicine providers and Adolescent Medicine Specialist are all in the same building, so a child’s medical care management continues without interruption. Our providers are uniquely qualified to guide children, adolescents and parents through the physical and emotional changes that occur during adolescence. As they grow from childhood to young adulthood, young patients have the chance to meet their new providers as they transition to adult care. This will enable them to continue to get medical care at VCH through the years.
Appointments are available by phone or video
- Newborn visits
- Well-baby visits
- Well-child visits
- Fluoride varnish
- Annual/school physical exams
- Sick and urgent care visits
- Behavioral Health
- Prescription medicine
- Individual & Family Counseling
- Sports Physicals (12-19)
- Adolescent sexual health
- Adolescent reproductive health
- Adolescent Confidential Services & Testing
- Referrals to specialty care
- Referrals for diagnostic imaging
BECOMING A TEENAGER
Taking Control of Your Health
Adolescence is a time when big emotional and physical changes happen. You may have questions or concerns about these changes that every adolescent faces. Our Care Teams have the answers you need without judgment. VCH is a safe space. We are your medical home.
SENSITIVE SERVICES FOR ADOLESCENTS (AGES 12+)
- For sensitive services such as birth control or sexual health testing and treatment, you can see your medical provider without your parents’ permission.
- You can make your own appointments (Call 888-763-4070)
- If you are stressed, be open and honest at your appointment, we are here to help you.
- These visits are strictly confidential, just between you and your medical provider.
- You can have a private appointment by phone or through video
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
What to Bring to Appointments
- Proof of identification
- Your child’s Medi-Cal card or other insurance coverage
- Your child’s Immunization card
- Any medications being taken
- List of questions
CAMP Hours & Contact
Call 818-763-8836 for an appointment
Monday – Friday
Monday & Wednesday
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8:00am-3:00pm by appointment